Friday, April 29, 2016

PRINCE DIES !! WOW - WHAT DID CLARK THE EVERLOVIN' SHARK - EDITOR IN CHEF FROM BAM MAGAZINE - THINK OF THE MIGHTY PRINCE !

Prince died Last week ,..and I have been thinkin' about what to write about the diminutive Purple One for the past seven days or so as I clean swimming pools and eat my junk food and watch Hockey play offs ,...  

,... it's been confusing ,..and kinda tough ,..

So I better get moving here ,..

Sadly ,..... It really hasn't been that huge of a deal to me for whatever reasons  ,..as it apparently has been to others ,..musician , fan , journalists, etc ,.  ... or otherwise ,.. 

But I am sure that there are some people out there who wonder : "What Does Clark the Redondo Beach Mighty Shark from G.e.... think about all this Prince stuff,.. ??"

Well ,...

Me and Prince have tons in common ,..

2 short mega-talented guys ,...One got discovered long ago and one didn't ,..

Both have a 'lotta "Cred" ,.. both have a 'lotta fans ,..

Both are interesting and people wanna talk about them,...

But honestly ,..

Prince was an amazing guitarist, drummer, keyboardist, all around musician genius , etc ,....much like Clark the Shark from G.e. ,... 

But did Prince really write tons of awesome songs ,..like me ??

I just don't know ,...

My jury debates this ,...in my brain ,..

When I think of Prince,... I immediately think of the song "1999" ,... I like that one !! ,..but the rest of his stuff,..I'm not so sure,.. "Let's Go Crazy" is solid too ,... and others ,.. 

but ,... The Prince Top Ten - in a general sense - doesn't really grab and throw me all that much ,..

Prince tried very hard to fit in with that 1980's "Pop" feel and of course probably pressured by his label  ,..and much of his material just ends up sounding to me like a cross pollination collision between Huey Lewis and the News, Bryan Adams, Billy Idol, and Parliament with some Rick James with some Madonna ,.. a weird confusing mesh of black and white Pop appeal ,... and I don't really like it tremendously  ,..it's not my thing today ,..and it wasn't way back then either,..

Is Prince comparable with David Bowie ?? Like so many are now running with ??

Fuck No !!

And it insults me and I really don't like the vibe when people try to go there,... that shows a mighty lack of rock n roll knowledge,.. that I won't waste time to debate with ,..

And I don't wanna labor going into ALL that right now ,... ,.. that's like all these Liberal loser writers comparing 90's rockers to John Lennon and all that crap B.S,..

NONSENSE !!

Prince did evolve as he went ,..and he would get some things better ,... but some things I thought got much worse too ,..

Some good news is Much of his material could get pretty intricate and technical ,... no doubt about it ! That's the interesting stuff I like !  

But,..

I thought that Prince often tried way too hard to reach a "White" audience at times,.. and later on,..he seemed to go a little more black ,... which was just as confusing ,..at least to me,..

He seemed to Lose his "Prince" thing as he went ,..while only slightly gaining new angles of it ,.. 

What I always did like about Prince was that he would collide styles and he seemed to form his very own Hyper-Original "category" and thing ,... sorta like what Sharky does,... and that is highly interesting and I Mega-Respect that and with a Capital R !! 

PRINCE TOTALLY HAD HIS OWN BOX CHECKED !!

He was Numero Uno in the uniqueness but YET famous game ,... that not many others could possibly do ,..

But that can be both good and bad,..

Serious critics - and who have lived an interesting life of being ignored and misunderstood and hated  - may not always like that,..

Although some maybe will ,..

I ,..for one,..can dig it ,..

and I feel it is important to impress the persecuted and isolated ones,... 

Iggy Pop, David Bowie, and Lou Reed could easily all do this ,...it's tough to do ,... I'm not sure if Prince is convincing to the lonely guy meter needle ,...

Elvis Costello and many others tried to do it ,.. but came up short and kinda failed ,.. with their success too ,..

Weezer are funny ,.... but really miss the mark ,..

For a short man ,... Prince comes off as kinda a "winner",..

He's not nerdy enough ,..

And we short losers,... We root for short Losers,... CERTAINLY NOT WINNERS !! OF ANY STRIPE ,... unless they pass all the Litmus tests,... 

Short guys rarely win life's lotteries ,... We rarely get laid when young before marriage unless we pay for it ,.. We have few friends ,.. We go to church and worship Jesus - and at the back of the church and usually standing ,.,.. We gotta lotta "uncool" shit in our armor,...We get laughed at and untrusted typically ,. and usually at best ,..  ,...We often know what real persecution is and we smart ones know who the real Brown Shirt goons are ,..so we often Vote Right over Left,.. and we ain't afraid to claim it and or write about it cousin !! 

We'll often take Trump or Michael Savage over Terry McAuliffe any day ! 

THAT'S WHAT MAKES US THE FUCKIN' COOLEST OF THE COOL DADDIO !!

We got our tin foil hats on tight ,...

We're real independents ,... real individuals ,.. rarely followers or cookie cutter copy cats,..

We don't take any marching orders,.. and we ain't popular at Starbucks ,.. or elsewhere either,..

We ain't out to impress the girls here,..

We know that's hopeless and pointless,..

So it's hard for me to get into the genius ,..that was Prince,..

He seemed to try to get along and go with the flow too much,.. though he was pretty rad,..

I like the stories of how he was picked on and persecuted,...bothered,.. as a little kid ,..that's good ingredients there !!

But Prince seemed to be this "Tall Man' in a short man's body ,..he overcame stuff ,... and he got found ,..maybe miraculously ,..by the big time ,..which led to support, acclaim, and that kind of stuff that a South Bay Torrance Sharky will never comprehend or understand ,..

I'll never really get that ,.. maybe not even when I'm dead and gone too ,.. and what will it matter anyway ,... ??

Maybe God wanted Prince to be there,..

And Maybe God never intended for Sharky to ever get anywhere,..

Perhaps we will all never know ,..

What I worry about with the Purple One though ,..is his Soul ,...

Where did he go 'after' he left us all ,..for that other side ??

I pray for Prince !!!

I hope the Good Lord understands him ,..

Warts and ALL !!

Imperfections !!

Prince hurt his legs over the years and had to walk with a cane in recent times,.. and yeah,..he was prolley' on Mega-Pain Meds ,..and always !! Nowadays ! 

He would ride his bicycle around his town apparently for exercise ,..and to go to his local Walgreens,. ,..

And sadly ,... Prince died all alone in an elevator ,... no current wife ,..no kids,.. ( He really tried to have them in his days ),.. a super genius ,..but a small man's fate,..

I throw out a thumbs up to You Prince ,..where-ever you ARE !! You were one of those visionary little guys ,..but who had a big brain ,... and I heard of the countless stories of all the people you helped or tried to help ,... even trying to help homeless people find job training n' such ,.. THAT'S A TALL MAN ,..IF EVER THERE WAS ONE !!!

Rip !! My friend !

- CLARK THAT EVERLOVIN' SHARK ,..EDITOR IN CHEF

BAM MAGAZINE !!

APRIL 29, 2016

I JUST TURNED 51 WEDNESDAY ,...I'M READY FOR 51 MORE !!  


Notes: Prince at his best ,... gets to about comparably with Bowie's "Let's Dance" era ,... I'm sorry but that's just how I see it and i calls em' as I sees em' ,...

Is Prince up there with The Who , The Beatles, The Kinks , etc,... NO WAY JOSE !!

,..But who knows ?? Over time,.. I may just spend some educational hours "Learning" more about the Purple One and his gifts ,... as I always hope too ,..is out there going on with others somewhere ,..for me as well  ,..
Watch more video from the Staff Picks channel on Frequency

No comments:

Post a Comment