Saturday, March 26, 2016

DAVID BOWIE 1947 - 2016.

It took me a while to write this,.. 

That day a while ago, when we all heard Bowie died ,..was quite the shock ,..

I wanted to write something then ,..But I couldn't,..

I cried that night,..

And I rarely cry,..   

Of all the bands and solo artists that Clark the Shark from G.e. was into over the years ,..and grew up on,.. 

There was NOTHING ,.. 

AND I MEAN NOTHING,..

that influenced me,.. 

Like David Bowie,.. 

Ya see,.. 

Bowie didn't really need all his wild antics and weird uniforms,..

He was FUCKING AMAZING without 'any' of that !!

He had the weirdest lead singing voice, ..low and grovely British ... and oh did the Shark try to copy it ,..

And he was like the cool and mysterious big brother nobody ever had ,...

In songs from "Brandy" to "It Ain't Easy" to "Search And Destroy" ,...the Iggy Pop honored 1992 G.e. track recorded with "Wild" Billy Krodel back there at Jet City Sound Studio in El Segundo Calif,.. .. and others !

Shit man ,... you could definitely hear some Thin White Duke for sure !  

And boy ,..it gets me thinkin' again about my life back there in the South Bay of Redondo Beach and Torrance,..

Oh yeah ,...he most certainly does,..

Bowie's music ,..for me,..was an escape 

,... and an escape from all the Douchebags,..

And shit man,..I would listen ,..so attentively,..

I had nothing else to do ,..

Nobody was more into Bowie than me ,.. !!

And yeah ,..even in the Phil Keegan on guitar days ,.. You can hear Bowie in those early G.e. tracks from "Racers' to "Number One" ,...'The Magic Man' ,..etc,..etc,..

And,..

Unlike so many of the 1990's talentless Dumb asses who got famous and rich with Record Label deals ,..signed because they were Liberal dudes with some Soros like "Guru" with money backing them,... everybody knows that Clark the Shark had "Real Actual Talent" and on the level of people from Bowie to Zappa ! 

Clark the Shark 'could' really play an accomplished guitar AND DRUMS ,..AND LEAD VOCALS TOO ,....

Produce, Play Live, etc,..

YEAH ,..I wasn't just another South Bay music hack ,... hangin' out an' drinkin' beers,.. 

I wrote balls to the walls songs like "Hey Negrita" and "White Black Thang" and "No takers" ,..honest AND brutal unafraid lyrics that took a shit ON EVERYBODY,..

And you all out there seem to show no signs of stopping listening to all my shit ,..anytime soon ,..

BIG TEEN DOLLARS ,... I WAS THE ZAPPA "WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY" guy from the South Bay ,... AND I WAS SO NAIVE ,...I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT MYSELF !! 

AND I WAS WAY ahead of my time ,..I invented shit like Grunge and was already bored with it by the time some heroin slamming geek from Seattle and his two bit shit band made it so big ,..with the help from scumbags like Gold Mountain entertainment and Liberal agenda creeps like David Geffen, etc,..

I did it all ,..with no money ,..OR NONE OF THAT CRAP !!

Nahh,...

Clark the Sharks a real musical warrior ,... 'cause I do it all alone ,..and my kinda talent scares the living shit outta little cowards who try to make fun of me ,..CAUSE THEY SUCK !!,...Plus,..I do all this amazing shit from a feeble five foot six  demeanor ,... I ain't a good looking tall slender surfer Cali dude here who can beat people up  ,..and from 2006 to 2012,..I ruled the fucking internet ,..

And you seemed pretty impressed,..

I use my life experience in my tracks and it it shows so much, you all out there either get nervous and run or YOU SIT THERE AND HEAR THE WHOLE FUCKING SONG and IT REMINDS YOU OF YOU AND YOURS !!

CLARK THE SHARK has rarely been supported,... seldom revered ,..at least to my face,... but it's funny how so many people want to copy and ape the musical ideas ,..of Clark the Shark and guys out there like him ,.. Clark the Shark from G.e. is a rare breed ,..a rare talent indeed ,... there ain't nothing like me out there,..on the internet or otherwise,..

Little pathetic coward men want to criticize it and find every little detail of where it's wrong and where it can gain improvement with their involvement and expertise  ,.. when they suddenly realize ,... they are in no conference at all and Clark the Shark is IN FIRST PLACE IN THE DIVISION ,...HE HAS THE MOST GOALS SCORED TOO ,..AND ASSISTS,..

But the darn guy just won't listen,..

he can't be 'trusted',...

Awe fuck !!,,..

and I could recreate this all LIVE ,..whether it was with Greg Tarpley or Martin Silva or Palle Carlson drumming or Ted or Flipper or whoever,... nothing rocked like Clark the Shark and his songs,.. ON STAGE ,..

When you went and saw G.e. play Live,.. and heard "Winers, Diners, and Social Climbers,.." blasting LOUD ,... YOU 'KNEW' WHICH ONE OF THOSE THREE DUDES UP THERE ,..was the "Clark the Shark Guy" ,.. !!

And I learned it ALL ,...

FROM DAVID BOWIE ,...

NOT SO MUCH FROM HACKERS LIKE LED ZEP AND THE WHO ,..

NOT FROM IGGY POP AND ZAPPA !!

( Certainly not from Frank ,..his kind of amazing talent is really way out of my league ) ,... 

But David Bowie ,..he had a "Heart" in all his songs,... you could both feel his life ,..and couldn't ,..

Bowie was a genius way beyond even 'his' understanding,...

Bowie's songwriting,..and right from those early 1960's album ,..was 'storytelling' ,..after years of listening to the Beatles,... I discovered that Bowie made them look like amateurs,...

But when he took things to those next levels ,.. like on three phenom albums in a row ( The Man who Sold the World, Hunky Dory, and Ziggy ) ,...things got scary ,..

It became clear that Bowie was one of only a handful of people doing 1990's rock ,... in the 70's ,..

and later on ,...even when Bowie began to slightly stumble ,..and was writing less catchy stuff,.. he was being AMAZINGLY  innovative ,... much like the Beatles Revolver ,..with his "Berlin Trilogy" from the mid to late 70's ,... that is where Bowie began to speak "A new language" musically ,... and he was suddenly introducing us all to ,.."The 1980's ",,...

THIS GUY WAS AHEAD OF HIS TIME EVEN 'MORE' THAN ZAPPA ,... IN MANY ,..ways ...

Bye Dave !!

Rip

I know that I will meet you someday ,..on that other side ,...

I wish I could have recorded with you ,..some drums or guitar,... I wish that YOU could have heard me sing,..

You would have been proud my friend,..

You may have even wanted to sue me for plagiarism !!  !!

-Clark the Everlovin' Shark

G.e. 

Editor in chef

BAM MAGAZINE ,..
MARCH 26, 2016 ,..   

"I'M GUILTY !!,.... I WISH THAT I WAS SORRY THIS TIME ,.... I WISH THAT I COULD PAY FOR MY CRIME ,... I CAN'T HELP ,....    " ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

No comments:

Post a Comment